About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Love Is...

Everyone’s definition of ‘love’ maybe something slightly different and one’s capacity for love is most certainly very individual. To me, love is often shown in small acts of kindness that come so naturally, they need no prior thought for their spontaneity alone is proof they are genuine and heartfelt.


There is a particular English sweet, individual chocolates with caramel centers that come in a long roll. I still remember their clever advertising slogan from when I was a child, to show how much one loved these particular chocolates, you would consider giving your very last one to the person you loved.


Well I’d certainly give my last chocolate to my darling husband, for he was willing to sit through an old black and white movie called ‘Harvey’. This rather dated but charming film, stars James Stewart who befriends a ‘Pooka’ which takes on the shape of a white 6’3” tall rabbit. Not only did my husband sit with me to watch the entire film, but didn't even fall asleep - now that’s what I call love.

It takes great love and dedication to be a caregiver, thinking of your partner and putting their needs first. This is a job for life, and those who bravely commit show true grit for it is far from easy, and the far reaching ramifications of taking care of someone cannot to be taken lightly. Wherever I go, whether it be a doctor’s appointment or a speaking engagement, my husband accompanies me. We support and encourage each other, and make it over each hurdle that comes our way. 

This week was my 100th article that I've written for The Huffington Post, so take a look why "It's Not All Glamour".

No comments:

Post a Comment