About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, June 5, 2015

Slowing Down

It takes me so long to do anything these days, I seem to be accomplishing less and less. Maybe there’s a time warp in our house where time speeds up, but I remain  exactly where I am – getting little or nothing done! I heard someone describe living with Parkinson’s as if driving a car with the handbrake on. One still moves, but not smoothly or in a natural fashion. I thought this was a good analogy, immediately conjuring up a picture in one’s mind.


Knowing my limitations, I endeavour to allow long enough to complete the task at hand, but often I find myself pushed for time. I used to be as fast as lightning and multi-tasking was as natural to me as breathing. Coming to terms with losing abilities that once I barely gave a second thought to, has not been easy. Before Parkinson’s made its appearance in my life, I only had one speed, and that was “fast”. Now I am relegated to travelling life in the “slow lane” and watch with envy as everyone else overtakes me. 


Do you suffer from night sweats? Menopause or yet another symptom of Parkinson's? I share with you some thoughts in my article "Who Turned Up The Heat?" in The Huffington Post.

1 comment: