About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, October 30, 2015

Make the most of it

“Thank you” to all who inquired, realising that something must be wrong, as I haven’t written my weekly article for The Huffington Post recently. Thankfully I'm feeling a little better and was able to write and submit a short piece entitled “Night Time Antics”. 

I’ve been suffering terrible fatigue along with worsening symptoms of Parkinson’s making it difficult to accomplish anything these days. I’ve always said the most predictable thing about Parkinson’s is its unpredictability!

I think most fellow sufferers would concur that having a bad day, for no apparent reason, makes one feel like the situation has definitely made a turn for the worse. Yet suddenly having a good day, much to one’s relief, can renew hope and give one the strength to carry on. So today is one of those much awaited GOOD DAYS! And I’m going to enjoy this feeling whilst it lasts.

Forgive me for not writing more now, but something one learns quickly when living with on-going ill health, is to make the most out of every moment. So instead of sitting here writing, I am going out with my darling husband, even if only for a couple of hours, I don’t want to waste this opportunity.

I wish you a good weekend wherever you are and whatever you are doing. I hope you too are having a good day and urge you to live in the moment and grab life with both hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment