About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, December 4, 2015

On-Line Shopping to the Rescue

What have I been up to this week? Well grocery shopping is one of the many things I can no longer do. The fridge looked pitifully empty and I needed to find a solution to this problem. My husband has enough on his shoulders taking care of me, and certainly doesn’t need to add groceries to his very long list of things to do. We decided to try ‘On-line shopping’.

I had heard that ‘everybody’ is doing it, but upon trying to find someone who had personal experience in On-Line grocery shopping, I couldn’t find anyone - not a single person! So who are the ‘everybodies’? Unable to find anyone, I decided that I would just give it a go. Worst case scenario, if it wasn’t successful – we’d shelve the idea and find another solution. Once I had initially signed in, it took some time to find the food products I wanted to order, but I soon got the hang of it, as each product was accompanied by a picture, making it child’s play.

Placing an order, I sat the next day eagerly awaiting the delivery. The supermarket van arrived well within the allotted time they had predicted and I was impressed with how the groceries were packed in a well organised way. The cleaning products, as they should be, were in a separate box, and the milk products were all in another box with a large freezer pack on top to keep them cold. So one satisfied customer here, and since becoming an ‘everybody’ – I have since been sharing this information.


When circumstances change, finding a solution to a problem isn’t always as simple as on-line grocery shopping – I only wish it were! My health continues to fluctuate and of late I’ve done little writing. I somehow managed to write a piece for TheHuffington Post this week, so please take a minute or two and read about a topic that almost everyone can relate to.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent piece as always! Also loved your Huffington article. I'm an empty nest Mom with Parkinson's. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete