About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Gaucher Conference

I attended the yearly Gaucher Conference last night, and it was great seeing so many familiar faces; other patients I've come to know over the years and share much in common, the marvelous team of doctors and nurses who take care of us all, and representatives from the various pharmaceutical companies who provide the very necessary drugs to keep Gaucher Disease under control. Although this conference is held only once a year, it is a great opportunity to get together, and speaking for myself, simply being with everyone is supportive and comforting, knowing many of these people for over 20 years, they are almost like extended family. Thank you to all those who helped organise last night, which was a most successful and enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment