About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes

Waiting in the pharmacy, a woman and her young son were standing in front of me being served. The little boy who was no more than 6 or 7 years old stared at me fixedly. Eventually edging a little closer, he said to me "my grandpa walks funny like you, and he has a stick like yours." I smiled broadly hearing such honestly spoken words. Upon seeing me smile, the little boy continued, "my grandpa can take his teeth out, can you?" At this, I burst out laughing and shaking my head vigorously, I replied "no." The boy's mother also amused by her son's observations, smiled apologetically at me but before she could divert his attention elsewhere, he asked yet another question, "my grandpa's hands shake cause he's got the Pinkinsuns, have you got Pinkinsuns?" I was smiling from ear to ear at his highly amusing conversation, and told him I did indeed have Pinkinsuns! As the embarrassed woman dragged her son out of the pharmacy, he shouted over his shoulder one last comment "my grandpa says my smile can light up a room." Still grinning, I looked around the pharmacy at the other people waiting. Everyone had been listening to our conversation and there was a smile on every face. Grandpa was right; his grandson's smile could light up a room!

No comments:

Post a Comment