About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?

“Guess who’s coming to dinner?” I asked my husband. He hadn't a clue, but knew it wasn't Sidney Poitier. We were delighted to have over for dinner Jill Sadowsky, the marvellous author of “David’s Story”. Jill is a courageous, amazing woman, who speaks with insight and compassion. I found we have very much in common, and share a mutual passion in education and awareness. Sadly, in our modern world, we still need to stamp out stigma and shame regarding mental health and disability – making these undesirable character flaws a thing of the past. It was a pleasure meeting this remarkable lady who is on a mission, like me, so here is her blog site if you would like to take a look jillsmentalhealthresources   Have a great weekend everyone, and I hope you do something enjoyable, spending time with those you love. Wishing you all good health.

No comments:

Post a Comment