About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Red Tulip Day

The 11th of April is World Awareness Day for Parkinson's disease and the red tulip, a cheery flower, is the international symbol for Parkinson’s. There is a particular red tulip with white tips that was developed by a Dutch horticulturist who had Parkinson's and he named this lovely strain of tulip after Dr. James Parkinson, to commemorate Dr. James Parkinson’s birthday (1755 – 1824), who first documented this disease in a medical paper he presented. So please join me today in acknowledging World Parkinson’s Day, by taking a few minutes to leave a comment on this blog entry (anonymously if you wish) showing your support. Photo courtesy of MattJP.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Elaine, You have our support now and always! See you soon! Linda and Chaim xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elaine
    May you continue your postive outlook
    Love, Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Elaine, Always love ya' and great Red Tulip Day to all Aviva xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. using a tulip for Parkinsons awareness day is a great idea, because its such a beautiful bloom, keep blogging Elaine I for one have learnt so much from you.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job keep going

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Elaine, You are a true inspiration for PD persons and their families.
    Sondradill@aol.com

    ReplyDelete