About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tomorrow’s the Day

Tomorrow is World Parkinson’s Day which is intended to raise awareness of Parkinson's disease and to spur new research and advances in treatment. It should be a day for Parkinson’s patients and their families to join forces, and bring society’s attention to a disease that is unfortunately growing in numbers yearly of patients diagnosed. Millions of people around the world struggle with this disease and are desperately waiting for a cure to be found. I am in the unusual position of having two incurable diseases, Gaucher and Parkinson, and regret that a cure for both may be some way off yet. In the meantime I am determined to remain hopeful and in good spirits, doing the best I can. The last poem in my book begins with these lines:
“Let me tell you, what I’ve planned for tomorrow,
What time I have left, won’t be spent in sorrow,
I’ll live life large as I can, the very best way,
Grab every moment, express joy each day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment