About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, June 8, 2018

Added complications

You wouldn’t eat a roast beef sandwich smothered with hot custard, or cheese cake topped with tomato ketchup; they simply don’t go together. Having Gaucher disease with Parkinson’s is much the same – they are a terrible combination. If you are wondering where I was last Friday, I was flat on my back once again and put out of action having a herniated disk. The last time this happened was only about a month ago.  

The sharp nerve pain from my lower back that radiated down my leg became excruciating as Parkinson’s did its best to exacerbate the situation. Dystonia was pulling me this way and that and I writhed in agony – not a pretty sight I can assure you. Apart from painkillers there’s not much one can do, other than attempt to lay still. Well Parkinson’s was not about to cooperate any time soon. I needed this added complication like a hole in the head!

6 comments:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete