About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Diversion

Having a good laugh is like a dose of magic medicine, and does wonders I've found. Getting together with family or friends and recounting funny stories, laughing so hard that one's sides ache can lift the weariest of spirits. One of the many things I love about my husband, is his ability to make me laugh. There is a lot to be said for occasionally acting a little silly and having a good laugh, in fact I highly recommend it. Being housebound most of the time does alter ones life, making things a little difficult. I have a few favourite old comedies I enjoy watching, and if having a particularly bad "Parky" day, and find I'm home alone, I'll absorb myself in one of these films and escape reality, even if for just a short time. Sometimes diversion can do the trick, even if just temporarily, it's a welcome break.

No comments:

Post a Comment