About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Tough day - rough night!

We all find comfort in different ways. I have a patchwork quilt, in a log cabin pattern made up of many brightly coloured fabrics. I spent most of last night sitting in an armchair in the lounge, accompanied by "insomnia" who has become my constant companion of late. Feeling quite alone in the middle of the night whilst the rest of my family slept peacefully in their beds, I was enveloped in my quilt, and as I ran my hands over the cheery cotton fabrics and touching the pretty patterned stitching that bound the quilted layers together, I somehow felt comforted. The fabric in the center of each block representing the heart, and the border of the same fabric holding all together were given to me by a dear friend. Another lady dear to my heart taught me how to quilt giving me a great gift of expressing my creativity. And as the hours slowly passed by, and the night turned into morning, I was given strength by thinking of all the wonderful ladies who are part of my life. You have strength and courage, are bright and beautiful, each individual and special in your own way. You were not aware whilst fast asleep last night, that you were with me in spirit and brought me through a rough night. I know that many ladies throughout the world quilt, and with generosity of heart, make and donate quilts to those in hospitals or who are housebound. Let me assure you, speaking from personal experience, that your efforts are very much appreciated and these quilts are not just beautiful works of art, lovingly sewn and donated but also bring great comfort and joy. Well done ladies - keep quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment