About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

New Blog on The Huffington Post

Today I posted a new blog entry on The Huffington Post - Lifestyle Section, entitled "Parkinson's gift of insomnia". Writing from personal experience, I don't sugar coat anything - I tell it as it is with a touch of British humour. I am thrilled at the opportunity of writing on a weekly basis for The Huffington Post enabling me to get my message out to a wide audience.  Founded in 2005, New York USA, by Arianna Huffington, Kenneth Lerer, Andrew Breitbart and Jonah Peretti, the site offers news, blogs and original content covering a wide array of interesting topics. In 2012, The Huffington Post became the first commercially run, United States digital media enterprise to win a Pulitzer Prize. The Huffington Post is ranked the most powerful blog in the world by The Observer and Arianna Huffington was named in 2009 as number 12 in Forbes' first ever list of the Most Influential Women in Media. The same year she was ranked as number 42 in The Guardian's Top 100 in the Media List. On July 6th 2011, The Huffington Post UK edition was launched, and now appears in various languages around the world. I hope you will take time to have a look at my blog, and please feel free to leave a comment. Feedback is always welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment