About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

No More Snail Mail

I am constantly amazed at how the Internet today has made the world such a small place. Contact can be made between strangers, who would never have had the opportunity of establishing communication without today’s technology. From the comfort of one’s home, you literally have the world at your fingertips. However, I do miss the old fashioned hand written letter. Buying pretty stationary is a thing of the past, and I cringe when I see people using abbreviations for texting phone messages which has become a language all of its own. I think e-books are a wonderful addition, giving one the ability to carry an entire library, no matter where you go. If staying in hospital or going away on holiday or business, one has an endless selection of reading material.  However, the printed book that can be held, turning the paper pages and leaving creases in the spine, to my mind will never lose its appeal. The book is here to stay. I guess I’m an old fashioned girl at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment