About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A birthday wish

We always made a big fuss of birthdays in our family, and I continued this tradition once I married and had my own family. There is always a birthday cake, presents and some sort of celebration. My mother having passed away several months ago, I am honouring her wishes by celebrating her “life” and not her “passing”. She requested that we do something fun that she would have enjoyed, on her birthday and to think of her. When I was 11 years old, I was hospitalised for two weeks in the summer, during which it was my mother’s birthday. I remember telling my mother where I had hidden her birthday present, asking her to retrieve it from my bedroom and bring it to the hospital, so that I could give it to her on the day! Today would have been her 93rd birthday, so we are going out, and will have a lovely time and hopefully as we lift our glasses and toast her, she’ll be with us in spirit. Happy birthday mum; you lived every moment to the full.

3 comments:

  1. Here here Elaine very nice and happy Birthday Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy bday fay,u always had the right idea on how 2 live life to the fullest ,not 2 waste time on regrets to celebrate being alive and living to your best ability,u have bh succeeded in passing that philosophy 2 yopu awesome kids,rest in peace dear mentor and friend,u left us all lessons in life 101

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, after your sweet email I decided to take you up on your invitation. Your blog is great and I'm sure you're giving help and hope to a lot of people. Your mom sounds like a wonderful woman who left a priceless legacy--which is the ultimate gift. I hope you have a fun day celebrating her memory.

    ReplyDelete