About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, February 3, 2013

No regrets


Being able to say you have no regrets, and really mean it is indeed an achievement. I'm always saying "live life to the full, don't put off tomorrow what you can do today". Material things matter not, it is what you do with your life and the time you spend with loved ones, whether they be family or friends that really counts. Make wonderful memories that will keep you warm and make you smile as the years pass. I don't want to ever be in the position of looking back and thinking to myself "what if?". Even when the odds seem against me, this does not deter me from making the most out of every moment, and enjoying life.

Getting together with a fellow sufferer; having much in common, is of great support and comfort to us both. She told me of someone in their nineties who had said something that struck a note:  "my memories have become my enemies". I have never heard anyone say this before, and although found it sad that one should view their life's memories in this negative way, I did understand that the lady was referring to all the things she could no longer do, and living so long, had no doubt lost many family and friends over the years; a painful experience for anyone.

We all have baggage, that's part of life, and some of it is not so good, but you can't change the past and so I've found it's far better to concentrate on the present. Life can be hard and far too short to waste. Make the most out of what you have, and live in the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Your advice today is invaluable. Looking at the half full cup is what keeps many of us going. Keep on blogging please. I love to start my morning by reading what you have to say.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete