About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Soap story


Well my dear canine companion has been at it again. I found the soap dish from our bathroom on her blanket in the lounge. She had sneakily pinched it from our bathroom and was trying to stash it away without anyone noticing. At least this time there was no soap in it, so she had not ingested yet another bar of soap. As I showed her the empty soap dish and scolded her, she held her head down and tail between her legs, she clearly knew she'd been a "bad dog" and needed to clean up her act (sorry - I couldn't resist the pun!) I attempted to figure out if she was trying to tell us something, but for the life of me I can't think what it could be. Is she telling us she wants a bath? or that she's peckish and in need of a snack, or maybe she barked something offensive and punishing herself washed her mouth out with soap and water! The latter I find hardly plausible. If only she could talk - it would make things so much easier. If anyone out there also has a dog who insists on eating soap, please do write and let me know your thoughts, for we are mystified and can' t work out this sudden odd behaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment