About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Balancing act


It gave me great pleasure the other night, sitting around our dining table, looking at all the faces of my family. Everyone was busy eating, drinking, chatting and laughing. Taking it all in and enjoying the moment, I wanted to savour the feeling of complete contentment and sheer delight, entertaining those I love in our home. People are often very quick to assume that it is too much for me to have guests over, and in a way they are correct, for this takes a great deal of effort and energy, and afterwards it can take me a day or two to recover from this activity. Yet the emotional benefits of having people I care about come to our home for a meal, or even just coffee and cake brings fresh life into the house and the pleasure enjoyed most certainly is worth it. It's a matter of finding the right balance I've found, keeping up a social life and inviting guests, whilst making sure not to over-do things and take a day or two in-between events to recover. I try to think ahead and plan carefully, often making lists for myself so that I don't forget something. Being methodical and  organised by nature, helps me cope, and although it takes me twice as long as it used to doing anything, I somehow manage. As beneficial as it is for me to have guests visit, it is equally as important to my husband and daughter. Trying to live as normal life as possible taking into consideration my limitations is a continual  balancing act. 

No comments:

Post a Comment