About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, July 13, 2012

TGIF

It has been a long week, and the phrase ‘Thank God it’s Friday’ comes to mind. I don’t know who thought of naming a chain of restaurants with such an unusual although undoubtedly memorable name, but maybe whoever it was, had just undergone a week like mine! This week has been tough; Parkinson’s leading some kind of maddening mutiny, a frustrating fiesta where internal tremors have persistently partied 24/7 in my body. I wish I could throw Parkinson’s out like some kind of unwelcome gate-crasher and tell it not to return. Wouldn't that be great?  Not being able to work; adhering to no strict schedules, the days tend to drift into one another, so I have tried to create some form of personal routine that gives my week a framework. Despite being housebound, I occupy myself, but yesterday a friend understanding that I hadn't been anywhere in a while, kindly found the time to take me out. I appreciated her being so thoughtful and understanding, and it was a very enjoyable and welcome outing. Just spending a couple of hours in her company 'made my day'. Sometimes the days pass quickly, and occasionally I find that 24 hours are simply not enough in one day. It’s a shame the government can’t add on an hour or two; would it be such a problem? After all, they confuse the entire population by putting the clocks back and forward twice a year for 'daylight saving', and I don’t know about you, but this yearly performance always leaves me feeling hard done by. Did we miss out on an extra hour of sleep? Or did we gain an hour blissfully slumbering? But thank goodness for Fridays, a special day, signifying the end of the week, and the beginning of the weekend. A time when family and friends can get together, and enjoy a leisurely meal with a glass of wine. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Very well said Elaine, for us the weekend is good to rest and be with family and friends. I wish you a wonderful weekend and feel much better.

    ReplyDelete