About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, April 6, 2018

A Family Wedding


Naturally we’ve been looking at the photos and watching the video of the wedding again and again. I don’t think I’ll ever tire of looking at them and re-living the most wonderful and special event of our lives. I expect every parent feels this way.

It’s a bit like when you are pregnant for the first time. Well-meaning people try and explain that your life will never be the same again, and although you listen attentively and nod your head in agreement, thinking “of course things will be different” only when that little bundle of joy arrives, with no instruction manual, do we finally understand the enormity of what people have been trying in vain to impart.

There are certain events in life that must be experienced personally, and no amount of preparation will suffice. Divorce, loss and ill health being the major ones that first come to mind. If anyone thinks they can imagine what it’s like to live with two chronic diseases, then think again. Unless standing in my shoes, you can’t possibly comprehend how every facet of my life, and that of my darling husband has been changed beyond all recognition. 

The pump and the Duodopa medication is most certainly not a cure, and is not trouble free, but it’s a life changer and arriving at the 11th hour, was not a moment too soon, has literally bought me time and unquestionably improved my quality of life. 

However, Parkinson’s is merciless and devout in its cruelty, quietly and patiently waiting in the wings, for just the right moment when it will attempt to reclaim center stage. So, until that time, I shall endeavour to live my life as always, making the most out of every day, and embracing fully, all that I hold dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment