About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Patience for Parkinson’s!


There are not too many people, who would have the patience to take me clothes shopping, but a girlfriend of mine, who is a champion of shoppers, along with my daughter, drove me to a local mall. They took turns pushing my wheelchair as we went in and out of endless shops, requiring some careful steering manoeuvring in-between narrow aisles. My daughter and friend knowing what I was looking for searched the rails tirelessly for something suitable. Trying on dresses was a difficult and exhausting long process for me, requiring their assistance in the changing rooms. Stopping for some light refreshments, my friend didn’t bat an eye lid as I dropped cake on my lap, leaving a trail of crumbs on the floor around me. After a couple of hours, all feeling tired, we almost passed by an unlikely looking department store. Not wanting to leave any stone unturned, my friend determined we wouldn’t leave the mall until our mission accomplished, thankfully ushered us in, and lo and behold, we found the perfect dress. It takes a special woman who is a good friend, to be resolute in helping me on what was not a simple task. Shopping for clothes when disabled, is far from easy, especially when buying an elegant dress that is flattering and classic. Someone who takes the time and patience not to mention stamina is a true friend indeed. I was so grateful for the help, as I would not have managed this alone. Thank you “M” for yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Oh Oh ... thank you for your kind words - you are totally amazing - your stamina was incredible cos we REALLY did the whole Mall didn't we? ~ crumbs is nothing, my family were in dry cleaning and my brother would work out the restaurant I'd been to by the stains !!!!! and, as a shopaholic and wanting you to look "the tops" it was a mission well worthwhile cos that dress just "took to you immediately" you looked super ... as we all saw ... HONESTLY, it was totally my pleasure ... BUT you forgot to say that I did get waylaid and bought a pretty dress myself! When's our next trip ??? x x x

    ReplyDelete