About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Stick to good news!

Have you ever noticed how bad news always features first on television or radio before any good news? Bad news travels fast (so they say), and we've all heard of the saying “no news is good news”! Wouldn't it be a refreshing change, if good news were reported in equal amounts to the bad? I presume good news is not sensational captivating the audience whilst stopping to gasp at the headlines, arousing gossip and speculation. Where are all the good and wonderful stories out there, about amazing people doing incredible things, uplifting and inspiring us all to be better, making this world a far better place? Since beginning to write my blog, I have had the good fortune to come into contact with many people from around the globe, each one with their own courageous heart-warming story to tell. I have experienced first-hand the best of humanity which restores my faith in mankind.  Being chronically ill, changes one’s perception of life, and the small things that would have once driven me mad, are of little importance today. Knowing in your heart what really counts; acknowledging and accepting, where to focus my energy, are some of the important lessons that ill health has taught me. I always look for the silver lining no matter how dim the situation and give people the benefit of the doubt. My glass is always half full, and every day I count my blessings.  I always endeavour to look on the bright side of life.

1 comment:

  1. Elaine, you got in before me. I was writing a blog about positive thinking and amongst other things, I mentioned that we should start our newscasts with at least one item of good news. Now I will shelve that blog for a while. Meanwhile, stick to the good news. I know that I will.
    Jill Sadowsky

    ReplyDelete