About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Another day with PD

With my 50th birthday looming ahead, I am beginning to feel like a well matured cheese, not that I smell I might hasten to add, but rather that I'm getting to the point where I've "past my sell by date"! Although according to Oprah  50 is the new 40, she is fortunate enough not to suffer from Parkinson's, not to mention having possibly the largest shoe collection a woman could dream of! Struggling with two diseases, day in day out, takes much effort, but I continue to remain cheery. I think no matter what, this integral part of my character will never cease. A sense of humour gets me through the rough days, and when my body that appears to be falling apart at the seams can't take any more, I resign myself and take a rest in bed. I've never been one for laying in bed,  no matter how ill I feel, so it takes an awful lot to get me into bed for an afternoon power nap. I guess its part of my nature. Friends spontaneously dropped in for a visit the other night, and as there are still little projects to finish in our disabled friendly house, they were soon set to work (probably making them wish they hadn't stopped by!). I jest though, as they were happy to help and we very much appreciated the assistance, and ended up spending an enjoyable evening together, everyone busy doing something. No matter how much planning and thought went into building our disabled friendly home, I knew that there would be something we'd forgotten or didn't think about. It's impossible to get everything 100% perfect, and the other day I found one thing we had overlooked. The bathroom window's latch is too high up for me to reach, so I can neither open or close it. It's not the end of the world, a small error, but I thought I would share it with you just in case you are remodelling - you can learn from our mistake. This is the only thing we have found so far, but other than that, it looks like we managed to take everything into consideration. 

1 comment:

  1. Elaine, thank you for your daily words of encouragement. I don't have to deal with what you do, so am grateful for only having a hip to bother me. May the Lord continue to bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete