About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Spirit & soul of women

I have always loved books, and the love of reading was instilled in me since I was a young child. Today with so many e-books available, it is overwhelming trying to find something that is of interest to me. I found a wonderful site recently called Woman Speaks Publications, who are committed to giving women everywhere a literary platform. It's an Internet library which concentrates on smaller authors who have written books to inspire, empower and enlighten. There is an on-line Directory consisting of many interesting books, also the Sibyl Magazine for the spirit and soul of women, and what caught my attention was the Sibella Poetry Magazine. Finding a site like this with a treasure trove of good books is something worth passing on.

I remember sitting in the local library when my daughter was very young, long before e-books came along. We'd sit in the children's section where there were comfortable seats and toys which created a cosy inviting corner. Together we would choose a book from the shelves, and sitting comfortably, I would read aloud to my daughter. After doing this on several occasions, I realised that other mothers were turning up at the same time as us, and would gently lead their children over to the corner where we were sitting. Engrossed in reading aloud, I suddenly looked up to find that I was no longer reading just to my daughter but to several other children, all eyes upon me, spellbound as I turned yet another page as the story unfolded. Giving children an appreciation of books at an early age, is a gift they take with them into adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment