About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, April 29, 2013

The amazing Jack Carroll

I have always said that comedy and a sense of humour are vital tools in handling disability or illness. I had to share with you this morning a very cool clip of a young 14 year old who despite being born with cerebral palsy, has an amazing personality and attitude to life. He doesn't let his disability stop him from doing what he loves to do best, and that's making people laugh. In no way does he have us laughing at him, but whole heartedly with him. Jack says in comedy your weaknesses can be your strength - what true and wise words from someone so young. Jack Carroll makes the most out of what he has been dealt and is an example to us all. I'm sure this young man has an incredible career ahead of him and wish him the very best of luck. He is a shining light, showing us all that even in the face of adversity, a person can strive to achieve something, bring joy and laughter to others, and accomplish a dream that clearly in Jack's case, he was destined to be a stand-up comedian. Do take a look for yourself at the extraordinary Jack Carroll on YouTube. Jack - your future looks bright indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment