About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Childhood days


I dedicate this poem to someone special who has a birthday today.

Memories of childhood days I find,
When summer colours float through my mind.
Of days I spent when young by the sea,
Playing on the beach barefoot and free.

Picking strawberries, and blackberries too,
Telling endless stories for your sister and you.
We shared many times, I cannot forget,
Memories raced back, when last we met.

The wind in my hair, and salt on my face,
Sand in my shoes and all over the place.
Sailing, a huge part of my life it became,
Once you've sailed, things are never the same.

Black Wellington boots, and duffle bags,
Wet creosote and oily rags.
Rounds of sandwiches and flasks of tea,
Of my childhood, these remind me.

Millbeach, was a part of my past,
And forever the smell of sea shall last.
For these memories of childhood days I find,
When summer colours float through my mind.

Written by Elaine Benton  ©2013

No comments:

Post a Comment