About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Live in hope


Parkinson's by very nature, makes its unwelcome presence felt constantly and doesn't let up; with great momentum continuing to antagonise the sufferer 24/7. It affects every aspect of one's life including that of close family and friends who are brave enough to stick by you through thick and thin. With heightened awareness, the vast amount of research and development going on around the world, looks very promising, with new procedures producing positive results, a cure or treatment has to be very close. So many pharmaceutical companies are tirelessly working to be the first to come up with a wonder drug, as if in some sort of race. It is indeed  a race, for many of us are running out of time. I had a sudden thought, or maybe a wishful daydream, wondering what it would feel like to actually be cured. No more shaking, tremors, falling down, and all the other horrid symptoms and side effects from the many medications patients depend on to make it through each day. I closed my eyes to imagine what it would be like to live a normal life again. How dearly I would love to be re-introduced to the world from which I have now been excluded. The thought of walking briskly with my dog through the forest, or running with her on the beach, strolling hand in hand with my husband along the sea front, or even something as simple as getting out of bed unassisted and without all the groans that make me sound and look like I'm a 100 years old. Some dream of fame or fortune, others of winning the lottery - but I dream of the day a cure is discovered and made available to all those in need. I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment