About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Registering pain

Well I just can't seem to stay away from the dentist. Whilst eating supper the other night, a piece of tooth sheared off, leaving a sharp edge and when I looked in the mirror, only half a tooth was still in tact. Making an appointment with the dentist, already suspecting that I would need a crown, I had no idea a dear friend had also done something similar and had an appointment a few hours earlier on the same day. The dental surgery know we are good friends, and receiving a cancellation from another patient, they kindly brought our two appointments together. To be honest, going to the dentist is no one's first choice of things to do, but knowing one is going to meet a good friend is certainly an incentive. We chatted away in the waiting room and then after we had both been seen to, we went to cafĂ©. Unfortunately having had work done, we opted for only a drink, but it was definitely the best dental appointment ever that turned into a marvellous morning. What was interesting, was the fact that I had  no pain whilst the dentist worked on my tooth preparing it for a crown. I had purposely not taken any pain killers that morning so that he could diagnose clearly what was wrong. My leg was very painful whilst laying in the dentist chair, and somehow the pain of my tooth was not registering, as my body seemed to be concentrating on the pain in my leg. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I would be interested to hear. The main types of pain usually associated with Parkinson's are: muscle cramps and dystonia, radicular pain, dyskinetic pain, restless legs syndrome, pain in mouth and jaw, headaches, akinetic crisis and pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment