About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Jasha Levi

It is with great sadness I write today about Jasha Levi, who passed away on October 22nd 2013. Out of respect and at the request of his family this news is only being made public now.
Jasha led the most extraordinary life; in WWll he was an engineering officer in the First Armoured Brigade, later he became a well respected foreign editor and columnist, published author, fundraiser, lecturer, introduced raised line drawings to accompany textbooks for the blind, and much more than I can possibly type. He was an amazing man, who accomplished more in his lifetime than most of us can hope to achieve.
Jasha's most recent venture was founder of The indiePENdents, he did not want his dream to fade away, and therefore his co-founder, Julia Petrakis will continue the work he began. Jasha was dedicated to gain access of independent writers to bookstores and libraries by removing the stigma of "lesser books" from self-published titles. The aim: to achieve through a peer review and issuance of an indiePENdents SEAL founded on basic standards followed by three professional reviewers per title.
I send my deepest condolences to Jasha's family and am sure he will be sorely missed, and remembered fondly by everyone who had the great honour and pleasure to meet him.

No comments:

Post a Comment