About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

A snoring symphony

In the last few weeks, my medications have been altered somewhat, and thankfully am feeling much better than I have for some time. Parkinson’s ‘insomnia’ an unwelcome tenant, has eventually been given an eviction notice, and hopefully has moved out for good. From the tormenting on-going bone pains of Gaucher plus muscular and rigidity pains of PD,  sleeping pain free at night now, makes all the difference, giving me the energy to battle through each day. I can't remember the last time I had a full good night’s sleep with no pain; I'm not talking of days or months, but literally years! With Parkinson's medications, it's all a matter of trial and error, but for now, the regimen I am on seems to be working well and I am the best I have been in a long time. Since I am sleeping better at night, obviously my husband also sleeps better, although he complains I snore!!! As if snore! OK I can hear your scepticism, and I can almost see you smiling for you are possibly also guilty as charged, so I’ll come clean. Unfortunately if the truth be known, I do snore; my poor long suffering husband is sometimes treated to a wonderful symphony at night, and occasionally our large dog joins in and we have a duet! Is it any wonder my husband is so tired; he's up half the night listening to a private concert put on just in his honour! And if he's really unlucky, he gets an encore!

1 comment:

  1. Elaine, have you ever bean told you need a C-Pap before, because this could very well stop your snoring and might even help you sleep even better at night. For those that don't know a C-Pap is a machine that pumps ear through a pipe into a face mask and helps the person breath at night. There is no snoring and better breathing, hence better sleeping at night. All the same I am very glad you are sleeping better at night.

    ReplyDelete