About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, November 2, 2012

Staying positive

Negativity is contagious, and should be avoided like the plague. Being around anyone who brings you down, makes you feel bad and has nothing but negative things to say – this is a relationship that quite frankly you should steer away from. People who say terrible hurtful things and although you may be on the receiving end, those harsh words are not aimed at you, but are actually revealing that they have a problem with their own identity. Sometimes people simply don’t have a ‘filter’ and are unable to think before damaging spirit crushing words come pouring forth. I have said it before, but can’t stress it enough, that words have great power, and can have a good or bad affect. Staying positive, not only is highly important to my own state of mental health, but vital to my family and all those around me. Even if you are healthy it is just as important to stay cheerful; battling disability or suffering chronic disease, it becomes crucial to one’s well-being. A well-known line from a film comes to mind: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”. I'm going to leave you guessing from which film this comes as I was surprised to find its origin. But I think we can all agree that staying positive, cheerful and looking on the bright side is most definitely more rewarding and resulting in a better state of health both mentally and physically. Let me wish you all a wonderful weekend, and hope that you are spending it with those who lift up your spirits and bring joy into your life.

1 comment:

  1. In my book "Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir" I share how I purposely steered away from negative people, newspaper articles, television shows and movies. Unfortunately one of my closest relatives was too negative at times for me.

    ReplyDelete