About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ladybug

One shouldn't need an excuse to celebrate. Every day can be a celebration of life; making the most of every moment and each opportunity that presents itself. I am a firm believer of “being in the moment”. One never knows what tomorrow will bring, and life can take unexpected detours along the way holding many surprises in store. I was thrilled to see that an article about my story appears in the Ladybugflights Web site in their on-line magazine. Here is the link if you'd like to take a look. http://www.ladybugflights.com/women.htm#WOMEN  
Today being the 4th July reminds me of the first time I visited the United States, which seems a life time ago, for I was merely a slip of a girl. Arriving on the 4th July, looking out of the window that first evening we watched a marvellous fireworks display. Having grown up listening to “Letter from America by Alistair Cooke” for many years, which was broadcast on the BBC radio in England once a week, finally travelling to the USA, was an exciting trip that I fondly remember. Happy 4th July America; enjoy your holiday and the fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment