About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, January 11, 2013

An amazing man

Today's blog, is dedicated to my amazing husband. Like a heaven sent angel who has no wings, my dearest has the patience of a saint. He must have very broad shoulders to succeed in working full time, taking care of me, and just completing building a disabled friendly home especially with my needs in mind. He takes everything with a pinch of salt, and remains calm when others would possibly be tearing their hair out. How he manages to achieve all he does is beyond me. When we fell in love and married, he knew I had Gaucher disease, but neither of us could have imagined what the future held in store, and by some cruel twist of fate, I would be diagnosed at age 44 with Parkinson's. Many spouses would run as fast as they could from  such a situation; but not my man. He steadfastly stands by my side, sometimes understandably with a pained expression as I repeat myself for the umpteenth time, or take forever to do something simple as making a cup of tea, breaking yet another glass or dish, and am now far from the capable young vibrant woman he married. Yet he never complains, and stays cheerful and ever hopeful, supporting me in every way possible, encouraging me to write and continue campaigning for Gaucher and Parkinson's. I told him he never need buy me another present, for he has given me all I could possibly want and need. I have the best husband in the world who I cherish, a loving daughter, and now a beautiful purpose built home which I would never have dreamt of having in a million years. I have so much to be grateful for, and despite suffering two diseases, I am truly blessed. Thank you my darling husband for all the wonderful times we've had and the great memories we've yet to make together. You are one of a kind, and I marvel at how after all these years you still manage to surprise and amaze me; you continue to take my breath away. May we have many years filled with happiness ahead of us. I only wish I could give you even half of what you have given me, and take care of you, the way you look after me. You deserve so much more. I have always loved you with all my heart and always will.

Happy Anniversary
I fell in love with you a long time ago,
What future held in store, we did not know,
My heart beats faster, with every breath I take,
Together side by side, with each step we take,

My chest could burst, so full, may overflow,
Emotions run fast, no way to make them slow.
Only one man, holds the keys to my heart,
You held my heart strings, right from the start.

Those strings are strong, and never shall break,
Everlasting are they, make no mistake.
There's a place in my heart, only you can fill,
I’ve forever loved you, and eternally will,

Written by Elaine Benton - 2013©

No comments:

Post a Comment