About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, January 25, 2013

It's the weekend!

We have been in our new home for 25 days, and so far I haven't fallen once, which has to be a good sign! However, I have "fallen" in love with this house. We feel very much at home, and all our careful planning seems to have paid off, making our house a safe, disabled friendly, low maintenance home.

My husband takes out our dog every morning for a walk and has met a few of our new neighbours. Whilst out walking the other morning, I thought they'd been gone an unusually long time, when they suddenly appeared on the doorstep with a neighbour and his dog in tow. I've always said that walking a dog is an ice breaker, a canine ambassador of sorts who introduces you effortlessly to other people walking their dogs. It was great to meet a new neighbour, and   within minutes discovering they have someone in their family with Parkinson's. There are millions of Parkinson's patients around the world; unfortunately you don’t have to look very far to find another family who has been affected or touched by this disease.

I can hardly believe it is Friday again - and wonder where the last week vanished to. However quickly the days pass, I am pleased to say that the cardboard boxes are also vanishing just as quick. I don't think I ever want to see a packing box or a roll of brown tape again in my life! I am taking great delight in throwing out the empty boxes along with the endless reams of bubble wrap and tissue paper.


My latest article appears on The Huffington Post  if you would like to take a look. I wish you all a very good weekend, and hope that those of you who are snowed in, stay warm and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment