About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, January 7, 2013

I sail in my dreams

Have you ever looked in the mirror and wondered who on earth is staring back at you? Parkinson's is slowly stealing away my smile and expression. Now if I were a Poker player, this would give me a distinct advantage, but other than that, it makes if very difficult for others to know what I am thinking. I barely recognise myself any more. The reflection staring back at me has no expression, just a blank empty look. Recently I went sailing with my husband, and whilst he steered the helm, hoisted the sails, tacked back and forth; I sat like a lady of leisure, unable to be of help at all - although I did make the sandwiches! At one point my husband looked at my 'masked face' and unable to read what I was thinking, asked if I was feeling sea sick. Fortunately I was not, as there was little wind and the sea was as calm and still as a millpond. "No I feel great" I answered, thinking back to the days of my youth when I dreamt about circumnavigating the world - a sailing expedition that would be an experience of a lifetime. This never came to fruition, so I sail in my dreams and live through the excitement of others who have achieved their goals. I am in contact with the author, Lois Joy Hofmann, who circumnavigated the world with her husband - intrepid adventurers visiting many countries and experiencing life at sea, a far cry from the corporate world they left behind. Lois has just had her latest book released 'Sailing the South Pacific' - a wonderful read for anyone who has a passion for adventure and sailing, experiencing life to the full.

1 comment:

  1. Seeing you in your lovely country-style, practical home, made me happier than I have been for a long time. The love and tender loving care that went into the planning, was something to see. I wish you all that you wish yourselves.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete