About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Alone in the middle of the night

While you lay peacefully sleeping in your bed, comfortably resting and lost in some pleasant fanciful dream, I pace the house, as insomnia has returned to drive me to despair each night. It's 01:00 and I'm wide awake after just three hours sleep and it's unlikely that I'll get back to sleep again. Sitting next to my bewildered dog who  probably wonders why I'm up already and if it's morning so soon despite it still being dark outside, she looks at me hopefully, for if it's breakfast time - she gets her first snack of the day!

You know how we all sometimes experience something strange, a weird co-incidence, or an odd event, and how ever funny it appears at the time, when trying to recount it later to others, the humour of the situation is somehow lost along the way. I had the funniest morning recently and spent much of the time laughing and giggling. Even thinking about it now, I can't help but smile. I shared this highly amusing episode with someone special and close to my heart, and wanted to merely say how blessed I am to have you in my life. As they say in the films "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". So although we were far from Vegas, I would love to tell you a hilarious tale, but I'm afraid it wont relate well, for what happened that particular day, wont pass my lips come what may!

Here I sit talking to you out there, who ever you may be. The nights are long and lonely, discomfort and pain discourage me from going back to bed, where sleep evades me, and knowing full well I will end up disturbing my sweetheart of a husband. If I could turn back the hands of time and somehow intercept Parkinson's before it grabbed a hold of me, like a flash I would be there. What was the very moment that Parkinson's awoke in my body? What happened to trigger this unwanted pest that demands attention 24/7 like a spoilt child? I should tell Parkinson's to go and stand in the corner and take a "time out", but it is the late hour that is talking, for we all know Parkinson's has a mind of its own and plays by its own rules. I didn't sign up for this game, and don't want to play any more. Can I simply raise my hand and be dismissed. I wish it were that simple.

Since I wrote on a serious issue last week for the Huffington Post, this week's article is light and I hope will bring a smile to your face, so take a look at "The meaning of life"! Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment