About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, June 29, 2012

Crying


Crying is not a sign of weakness, nor is it a waving red flag indicating a person is depressed or that something is terribly wrong. Crying is a healthy normal outlet of emotions that in my opinion should not be stifled. I am not depressed and stay remarkably cheerful considering my complex health situation battling two chronic diseases, yet there are times that frustration or simply disappointment when yet one more thing at which I was once competent, is taken away from me by my disabilities. The powerful realisation that one’s life is changing and will never be the same again; accepting this without any sadness or tears would be extremely strange and abnormal. Occasionally, a memory can be sparked of a loved one who has passed, bringing one to tears; this too I believe is normal and acceptable. However, I strongly stress; if you are crying constantly over almost everything, then I urge you to please seek help. Suffering chronic disease and being disabled; there is no shame in needing and seeking professional advice, for a strong undeniable link between the physical and emotional aspects of ill health have to both be considered and treated where necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Believe it or not, Elaine, you are a pillar of strength for me - as well as many others in the WORLD. I don't know where I'd be without you... Please keep up the wonderful work you are doing, while paying attention to your own body, first and foremost!

    ReplyDelete