About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A long day in hospital

Yesterday we spent a very long day in hospital, arriving at the emergency department around 02:30! I had the most excruciating pain in my right shoulder, and when I found that even my strong painkillers wouldn't dull the pain, we decided to head for the hospital. The nurses and doctors are quite remarkable, and with an onslaught of emergency cases, they were under a lot of pressure. Thankfully it turned out to be inflammation in the shoulder joint and although terribly painful, hospitalisation was not necessary, so I was sent home with prescriptions and my arm immobilised in a sling. It will take a few days to recover, and I must learn to take things a little easier. Thank you everyone for your concern and good wishes. I hope you’ll understand and forgive me if I don’t write back thanking you all individually, but typing with one finger on my left hand which is most effected by the Parkinson’s, is not an easy task. Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy, trying to do too much; I need to take some of my own advice and slow down the pace. 

1 comment: