About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Have a good day!


Have you ever noticed how some days just start off on the wrong foot, and go from bad to worse? You begin to wonder why you bothered getting up at all? Then there are other days, where you sail along and lady luck seems to be by your side. Yesterday was a good day, which is a rare occurrence for me, suffering two chronic diseases. It started off with a refund that arrived in the post from the gas company, a most unusual but welcome surprise - what better way to start a day! Usually the mail consists of bills to be paid, bank statements that make one cringe, and enough junk mail to have killed a dozen trees. Life is what you make it, and if you decide to have a bad time, trust me you will. If you awake in the morning with the preconceived idea that today is going to be hell - you wont be disappointed, for it's sure to be miserable. So when I wake up, I make a conscious decision that today is going to be good. Of course this doesn't always work, as having two chronic illnesses to contend with, sometimes no matter how determined I am, I cannot control what is happening to my body. However, staying as positive as I can, seeing the cup half full and counting my blessings does help.  A series of small good events can create a chain reaction, and ultimately make for a positive and pleasant day, putting Parkinson's on the back boiler for a while. When you have a good day, it's almost contagious as automatically you affect those around you. If you smile at someone, they will inevitably smile back at you. If you greet a person warmly, it is usually reciprocated; this is human nature. Keeping cheerful and having a sense of humour, is beneficial for you, but even more so for those you love and who tirelessly stand by your side and take care of you. Have a good weekend; be infectious and make everyone around you smile and laugh, and if you have a minute or two before you leave your computer, take a look at my latest article on TheHuffington Post. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed (ok, not the right word) your Huff post article. Just thought I'd say ...

    ReplyDelete