About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A fabulous invention


I came across the handSteady cup whilst searching the Internet and immediately seeing its potential not only for those with Parkinson's, arthritic hands, but anyone with difficulty in moving or who is bedridden. After trying out this fabulous British invention (only sorry I didn't think of it first!) I have to tell you that it's one of the most useful aids I have come across so far. Not only is it attractively designed so one isn't left with the feeling of drinking from a child's plastic cup, it really does work. The lip of the cup has been carefully designed to prevent drips, (there is a lid included should one need further assistance) the handle is easy for a comfortable to grasp, and the cup is light weight with a rubber like coaster making it non-slip. I tried it out sitting in an armchair, sitting at the table, but most impressively is how the cup works when I was in bed laying down, with just a pillow propping up my head. No spills - incredible! This cup is an absolute must for anyone with Parkinson's or who has difficulty in holding a regular cup. Looking at it's ingenious gimbal like handle I thought to myself there's no way this can go in the dishwasher. After reading the instructions on the box, much to my amazement I found that not only is it unbreakable (and let's face it if you have Parkinson's I'm sure like myself, you've broken many a glass or cup!) this incredible cup is dishwasher safe! How amazing is that? As you can tell from my enthusiasm - I am very excited about this new find. If you would like to know where you can get one, or see for yourself the video which will show far better than I can tell you, please take a moment to look at handSteady

No comments:

Post a Comment