About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, May 20, 2013

Michael J. Fox returns

Amazingly Michael J. Fox is returning to our TV screens in NBC's new series this coming fall. How incredible Michael has managed to return to work, that he puts partially down to the new medication regime he is on which includes Amantadine, originally created for the elderly to ward off flu. As with many drugs that are initially created for one purpose, sometimes end up being more effective used for another illness. Watching the trailer, I had to laugh as identifying with Michael's character, you can't help but smile, seeing the funny side of life. Not that there's anything funny about having Pakinson's, but as I've mentioned so many times before, it's all a matter of attitude and how you perceive your life. I hope this series will be a success and an eye opener to those who do not fully understand the difficulties encountered daily by anyone suffering from Parkinson's. As for anyone like myself, it's like watching a little piece of my own life, relating to the family interactions and antics at home with a little dark humour thrown in for good measure. Good luck Michael on your new show. We'll all be watching!  

No comments:

Post a Comment