About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Being inspired


Sitting having coffee with our charming new next door neighbours one morning, we chatted about what we wanted to do with our lives, our dreams and passions in life. So few of us get to live out our dreams and have the opportunity and ability to follow what really excites us and feel passionate about. I explained about my writing, and how wherever I go I carry with me a notebook and pen. An extremely interesting lady, we ended up having a wonderful stimulating talk, which suddenly gave me inspiration, and as she went to see to her baby, I quickly got out my pen and pad and hurriedly scribbled  down my thoughts before they disappeared into oblivion. So I've found a delightful muse and friends right next door. Having good neighbours can make all the difference and although it’s a matter of luck to some extent, somehow I get the feeling that something more than fate brought us together. We come from very different backgrounds, but that's what makes life interesting. It would be awfully boring if we were all the same. I was brought up in a household where the saying "Waste not, want not" went hand in hand with "May I leave the table please?" These outdated English phrases represent an era that seems to have disappeared into the archives. Where did good manners go? Did 'etiquette' leave the building and forget to return. I often feel out of place, as if I'm living in the wrong century. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for progress and improving quality of life, the Internet having made the world a far smaller place giving us the ability to be in contact with others across the globe, the potential to easily travel to far off places, not to mention the great advancements made in the medical field. However, sometimes I wish for a slower pace of life, a less complicated, non computerised simple world, but then how would I speak to you every day through my blog and be an effective advocate for Gaucher and Parkinson's without the aid of modern technology. Its a conundrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment