About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Parking Angel

A close girlfriend took me out for coffee the other morning, and housebound most of the time I had not been out for a few days, so it was a welcome break. When you can no longer remember how many years you have known someone - it means you've know each other a long time! On the way to the café, I asked if she minded us making a slight detour, stopping at a particular shop to get something I needed. Not having been to this shop for years, I wasn't even sure if it was still there, but as we drew close, sure enough the sign clearly displayed and its doors were flung open welcoming us. This particular street is very busy, a narrow two way road, and nine times out of ten, impossible to find a parking space. I don't know if any of you have a "parking angel", but I usually take mine with wherever I go. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's like having the ability of finding a parking space in the most unlikely of times or places - as if by magic a spot appears right where you need it, and especially useful when like myself, you can't walk too far. Right in front of the shop, miraculously a large parking space was waiting for us. I'm not sure if it was my "parking angel" or my friend's (although I forgot to ask if she has one!), but we were so grateful to have found it. We had a wonderful morning out and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting together. Never short of conversation, time flew by all too quickly. I am blessed to have several close girl friends, whose friendship and continued support is something I treasure most dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment