About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Billy Connolly


Billy Connolly, just 70 years young, a much loved comedian and actor, whose delightful strong Glaswegian accent and marvellous sense of humour has entertained us for many years, recently underwent surgery for prostrate cancer which was luckily caught in its early stages. Thankfully the procedure was a success, and Billy has made a full recovery. Unfortunately a further diagnosis was made, and our beloved Billy Connolly has joined the millions of us around the world with early symptoms of Parkinson's disease. This diagnosis hasn't phased the strong spirited Billy, and I was very glad to hear that he intends to continue performing on stage and carrying on with his successful career.

What any Parkinson's sufferer can attest to; having a sense of humour is a huge advantage in fighting this rotten disease, so Billy, you have the best of tools with your impeccable timing and a way of looking at the absurd and seeing the funny side of life. I have always been a big fan, and have enjoyed your stand-up comedy along with the various roles you've undertaken in many films. You have made us laugh and brought much pleasure to so many around the world with your craft.

I'm sure everyone joins me in wishing you all the best, and hope you will be able to make us laugh for many years to come. I'm sure Parkinson's will no doubt give you some great material, that only a talented comedian, such as yourself, could turn such adversity into a humorous stand-up comedy act. There's no one quite like you Billy, you are definitely one of a kind, and have entranced audiences around the world. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

(I apologise to the photographer who took this picture of Billy Connolly for not accrediting your name, but I was unable to find out who took this marvellous photo.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment