About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, October 5, 2012

"A Silver Lining"

Thanks to Parkinson's "gift" of insomnia, over the last year I've had plenty of time to write in the middle of the night, when the house is peaceful and quiet. The only sounds to be heard are the humming of the ceiling fans, an occasional moan of the fridge accompanied by our dog snoring at full pelt. This is the best time for me to write; uninterrupted, I sit at the kitchen table while the rest of the household are fast asleep. I have just finished writing another book entitled: 
"A Silver Lining" which is my story of growing up with Gaucher disease, and battling Parkinson's, whilst remaining positive and living life to the full. Although there is a serious undertone to the book, I have included many humorous true stories which have happened to me over the years, making this book light reading, hopefully bringing a smile to your face.
"A Silver Lining"  is available through https://www.amazon.com/author/elainebenton or if you do not have a Kindle, you can download a free Kindle application which will enable you to read my book on a regular computer. My book is also available for other e-book readers through Smashwords I hope you enjoy reading my story,and please feel free to leave a review or comment; feedback is always welcome.






1 comment:

  1. Thank you I have already downloaded your new book A Silver Lining and so far have reached page 176 and find it both interesting and funny. Your dog sounds interesting, I have Gerbils two of them and I really love them.

    ReplyDelete