About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Public speaking in London

Today I am very tired, but this was only to be expected. Last night was a late night but filled with adrenaline I kept going the entire evening. I would like to thank Caroline and Mark for hosting the evening, which turned out to be most successful, and I hope all those who made the effort to attend the Parkinson’s Support Group in Finchley enjoyed it, along with some members of the British Gaucher Association. It was lovely to meet everyone and great to see some familiar faces that I have not seen for some time. Having the luxury of being able to attend a support group is not to be taken lightly, for where I live; there is no young Parkinson’s support group in the vicinity. Meeting and speaking with others who are in the same boat is invaluable and feeling not alone; belonging to some sort of extended Parkinson’s family gives one a sense of belonging to a community, that although one would rather not qualify for, nonetheless sustains us through the bumpy journey of life, and having this support whether a sufferer or caregiver is vital. The time and work that Caroline and Mark have put in over the years is evident, as this appears to be a very successful active Support Group, and I wish you continued success and thank you for having me as your guest last night. 

1 comment:

  1. so glad the evening went well, enjoy the rest of your activities

    ReplyDelete