About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Top marks to Primark

Visiting a branch of the clothing store "Primark" in Ealing/London, I was astonished to find they had a changing room designed by someone professional, understanding the special needs of a disabled shopper. Not only was the cubicle spacious enough to enter in one's wheelchair, but there was plenty of room for two other people, a permanent secured seat at the same height as a standard wheelchair with bars conveniently positioned on the walls. Large full length mirrors placed on two walls enabling easy viewing; hooks on the walls and the most helpful staff. Other stores could learn much from a visit to this store to see what should be common place in all department stores. Understandably smaller independent shops may not have the necessary area to designate such a large space for disabled persons, but large stores have no excuse. Shopping for clothes when disabled is exhausting and very difficult, so any help, such as thoughtfully designed changing rooms is something very much appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. I would encourage you to send this blog to the major clothing stores. I would think that such stores would welcome the information and want to be among the first to provide appropriate facilities for everyone.

    ReplyDelete