About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Inspiring

This summer, London was taken over by the excitement of hosting the Olympic Games, transforming a city, and in fact the whole country with excitement and a contagious enthusiasm bringing countries from around the world together in a united exciting event. In particular, the Paralympics were an inspiration to every generation. These athletes are a shining example of how the human spirit can overcome severe disability and drive forward to pursue dreams and reach goals some of us would not dare to attempt. The accomplishment of those sportsmen and women who took part was without doubt remarkable, and one couldn't help but be moved, and cheer each person on, no matter which country they were representing. The courage, strength and skill along with great determination lead them to participate in these games. Congratulations to those who went home clutching a coveted gold, silver or bronze medal; but in my mind every single athlete that took part, was a winner! So if you got out of bed the wrong side this morning, and are moaning or feel hard done by, just take a look at the Paralympics site which may put things into perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment