About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Shop service

I needed to buy a birthday gift for a friend, and a shop conveniently located nearby has a large range of presents to suite any taste at varying price ranges. The door of the shop has an enormous heavy metal frame with large thick glass panels, making it weigh a ton. Shuffling as I do in my ungainly Parkinson’s “walk” with a crutch to keep my balance; I was not going to be defeated by a door. I tapped on the glass pane and caught the attention of a saleslady inside, who quickly came to my assistance and opened the door for me. She smiled politely and I began to search for a suitable gift. There were many cut glass vases and delicate breakable items on display, all pretty and eye catching. I picked up a small glass dish and as I placed it back down, I heard an audible sigh from the saleslady I had been unaware of, but was standing right behind me. She asked me if I was looking for anything in particular and maybe she could help. I suddenly noticed that she had been observing my unsteady walking, the shaking of my hands, and that I looked like an accident waiting to happen! Seeing her anxious expression and realising she indeed had a valid point, I told her what I was looking for and she led me over to the counter where there was a comfortable seat. Once I was seated and safely away from all the breakables, she brought over several items to show me, one of which was perfect, exactly what I was looking for. Pleased she had a satisfied customer, she gift wrapped the present beautifully, I paid and she opened the door for me to leave. My mission accomplished, this perceptive sales lady had been most helpful in a tactful and considerate way without offending my feelings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment