About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

New Book Site

Inundated with e-mails from fellow sufferers and caregivers, I realised my book "Parkinson's, Shaken, Not Stirred" written from personal experience, could make a difference. Through my writing I am imparting an important message of support and hope to others around the world, letting them know they're not alone in their daily struggles. I have worked long and hard campaigning as an advocate for Gaucher disease and Parkinson's over the last few years, so I forged ahead alone, not wanting to waste any precious time in chasing illusive book agents and publishers. Recently I came across a delightful gentleman; a retired journalist and author with many years experience, who has created a writer's guild called indiePENdents.org - a global cyberspace organisation, especially for authors having difficulty getting their foot in the door of the traditional publishing world. Every book is carefully vetted; only those deemed worthy are accepted, and added to an on-line catalogue. The e-book market is flooded with unknown authors, so this is an excellent way of separating the wheat from the chaff. I would like to say a big THANK YOU to Jasha and Julia who have put a lot of effort, work and time into creating this amazing site. Apart from being delighted that my book appears under "Member Books" hopefully enabling me to further spread my message, there are many other good books of different genre; something to suite every taste, each one verified, upholding a high standard of writing. Please take a look and see for yourself the indiePENdents site.

No comments:

Post a Comment